Friday, December 01, 2006

Sleighbells ring

First big snow of the season and the neighborhood is suddenly all Currier and Ives! It's time's like this when I actually can see the bright side of unemployment, and staying inside.

Last night I had the privilege to witness my friend's baby walk! To me! She walked to me! It was amazing. I started crying, and J. got really excited and called her husband, who got sad because he was at work and missed it. See, another a situation where unemployment could have helped out.

Want some good karma for the weekend? Sign this petition to demand that pharmacies stock Plan B, an emergency contraceptive recently approved by the FDA for over-the-counter sales for women age 18 and older. Unfortunately, too many pharmacists have taken it upon themselves to deny women their legally entitled birth control, prescribed by their doctors. Stay on top of these issues, and make sure women's health is protected.

No comments: