Tuesday, September 13, 2011

redecorating

I want to do a little redecorating and I found out you can get like, door wallpaper? Only, they all kind of suck. Except, I found this really cool one of a Haussman-era French door that's a photo-decal.
Then I spent forever trying to find out where I could buy it and it turns out it costs 341... EUROS! Gah.

Then I found this one. OMG, isn't that HILARIOUS? Can you IMAGINE??????

Outside of buying brand-new doors, does anyone know a way to make super-crappy doors look kind of nice?

5 comments:

dad said...

Is that Mr. Ed, the talking horse? (I wonder if your mother would have any ideas for you?)

Caitlin said...

PLEASE get that horse door!! Please!

Unknown said...

I agree with Caitlin. That horse totally cracked me up.

Carrie said...

You need that horse door! Can't you at least put it in the laundry room?

As for making crappy doors look nice- you really can't. I repainted mine znd added super nice knobs (that my kid later broke) but it's still a plywood door.

Why not new doors? You don't need a lot, and think of the joy they would bring? They are shockingly expensive, though. I get that.

ma said...

I think the horse door could be cute in a basement or garage but I give it the big no for the house. Your door is the first impression people have of your home. Get a new one that screams "We are great people with taste and refinement" unless, of course, you don't think you are.