Sunday, May 12, 2013

Until further notice

Well, we just had a hell of a week because poor Kaya's been ill - she was in the hospital for two nights. M & I have spent most of the time in complete hysterics worrying about our little one.  She's not out of the woods yet - we've got lots of pills and even injections ahead of us.  Until further notice, we will be completely bonkers.

Last week in the animal hospital waiting room it turns out I was sitting next to a (person who thought they were a) pet psychic.  I've actually always wanted to meet a pet psychic, but I wasn't exactly in the mood for it at that moment.  She told me Kaya was an "old soul" (duh) and that she "wasn't going anywhere", which is the part I choose to believe even though she was obviously off her nut.

In non-terrible news, I saw The Great Gatsby with a couple of girlfriends and liked it very much.  Bummer of an ending though.  No getting around that.

I wished my mom happy mother's day today and in traditional fashion, I will now make fun of her (that's how my family shows love. What.)

MOM:  You know what one of the problems with cell phones is, that you don't know anyone's number.
ME: What do you mean?
MOM: Well, there's no directory.  What if you want to find out someone's number?
ME:  You just have to ask them.
MOM: What if they're not standing there in front of you?
ME: Well, you send them an email and ask for their number.
MOM: *groan*  And what are businesses going to do?

No comments: