Monday, October 03, 2005

Cronyism!

After GW nominated Harriet Miers to the Supreme Court position left vacant by Sandra Day O'Connor, I started wondering what it would be like if I were president, and if I nominated all my friends to run the country with me, and whether my friends or GW's friends would do a better job. I decided pretty much across the board that my friends would do better, even though they might do badly, which, as long as things didn't end in a total disaster every time they picked up the phone, would still put them ahead of these hillbilly cronies Bush has surrounded himself with. Meanwhile, everyone's all, Who IS this Miers person? Where does she stand on women's rights? Where does she stand on privacy? Death penalty? She's from goddamn Texas, people! Where do you THINK she stands on those issues?

No comments: