Monday, March 16, 2009

weekend recap

On Friday, we went to a luuuuurvely dinner with friends K & G to, imho, zee best Italian restaurant in Chicago*. Food, conversation, wine - all were fabulous. And I ate a fish head.

On Sat. we went to IN to visit family. At first I was kind of peeved because my brother and sister-in-law pulled a fast one and dumped their kid on me and my mom and took off for approximately 4 hours. But, it ended up being alright because I got to spend some quality time with nephew #2, who I really didn't know that well. It turns out he's a fine young person and I enjoyed getting to know him better. Plus: check it out, he loves jewelry!In other nephew news, I updated the "look" of my sister's kid's blog, and it's pretty cute!

The big reason we went to IN was to celebrate Mike's Gran's 84th birthday. Here she is with her favorite grandson.

*Anti Prima, in our old neighborhood.

6 comments:

kbmulder said...

Nephew has the longest eyelashes. Gorgeous!

Is mike the favorite and only grandson, or does he have some cousins?

Anonymous said...

Great weekend! It was wonderful having you and Mike around. Hope the birthday party outing was a success! I hope I can look that good at 84 (IF).

Special K said...

Yeah, he's the single grandchild to his grandma.

Yes, aren't N's eyelashes luscious?

Carrie said...

It seems to me all great eye lashes are wasted on the boys.

KHM said...

Is it me or is Mike looking kinda Brett-ish?

Special K said...

Oh, you're right. I should get him to speak in a New Zealand accent and sing "It's business time" to me...