Thursday, July 15, 2010

Hotels

I'm at a conference right now, which means staying in a hotel all by my lonesome. Generally, I like to cleave to a certain husband at all possible moments, but do manage to enjoy barricading self in a hotel room and ordering room service and watching television all night. One of my favorite things to do in hotels, besides extreme sloth, is get a bucket of ice from down the hall and drink glass after glass of ice water. Is that weird?

My presentation today went really well. We had such great feedback it almost made me blush.

I picked up Girl that Plays with Fire in the airport and might finish it before I get home. I previously said I wouldn't read more in that series, but my colorist and A. told me this one was all about Lisbeth and I wanted to learn more about that character. That's a couple of solid recos I couldn't turn down. And now I can barely put the book down either. That guy sure could write a page-turner. My hairdresser has delicious taste in books. I was happy to share Lonely Werewolf Girl with her, and when I wore my Twilight tshirt into the salon she walked me around to show everyone.

6 comments:

KHM said...

I love staying in hotels,too---especially on my own or with Rob. It loses some of its cachet with kids but, still... And as it turns out, I have a couple of stays to look forward to as we make our way south for a couple of weeks with the parental units.

I'm glad your talk went well. Its a great feeling to be well received---you go, girl!

Lyman said...

You're sister is all about the bucket of ice as well. I never use the ice bucket on the road.

ma said...

Remember when we would travel when you were little? The first thing Daddy did after getting in the room was to rush out to the ice machine. . . .

dad said...

I think ice buckets should be larger!

Carrie said...

I do think our love of the ice bucket stems to Daddy. I know he sent us for ice just to get 5 mins. peace and quiet after a long road trip, but can you believe they sent us for ice ALONE? Milo loves to get ice with me while Lyman wonders why I want it. I enjoy a cool drink; those rooms are so dry unless you're ocean side.

Of course I am not surprised your pres. went well. You're quite talented.

Caitlin said...

glad it went well! gladder that you're back. :)