Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Food, Glorious Food!

So, did you all know the The U.S. Department of Agriculture has a new food pyramid, only it's not a pyramid? It's a plate, that's like, Hey Dummy, eat this why don't you?

I find it hard to believe we should really drink that much milk. Can you IMAGINE, drinking a WHOLE glass of MILK? Gag.

I am endlessly amused by food propaganda. There was a great show on NPR this morning about "Uncle Sam's" role in what and how we eat. You should give it a listen.

They posted a couple of terrific images on their site. I love this one:

which is just like, "Eat whatever the hell you want!" (Get a load of the "butter and margarine" category!)

The beloved food pyramids of our youth created the carb monsters that we all are today:

(Mmmm...May I have some more pasta, please?)

This one I love, which is less a food pyramid and more of a "Why don't you get some exercise, you fat lazy slob?"

Natalie Dee always gets right to the heart of the matter:


And this one is my favorite!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

This is hilarious! Thanks for sharing.