Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Blogging for Choice

Yesterday was Blog for Choice day - I've been catching up on some of the writings from various feminist sites. I think my friend D. said it best, "I am for Choice because I believe women are human beings. As such, they deserve to have the ability to make their own decisions." It steams me that women's rights aren't protected in this country. I myself have been given the run-around just trying to pick up my birth control at the pharmacy (not to mention the times in my life I could barely afford it because it wasn't covered by my insurance). Attempts to over-rule Roe v. Wade are just indicative of this country's (and an unfortunate number of its populace's) refusal to see women as full human beings.

Apparently Bush declared yesterday "National Sanctity of Human Life Day" and has pulled that shit every Jan. 22nd since he's been in office. This former soldier has put together a photo essay with text from the White House's message to show just how much this administration has respected the sanctity of human life. Beware the faint of heart, the content is graphic.

No comments: