Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

We had an absolutely fabulous weekend at my friend's family lake house in N. Indiana. There were nine friends, one big house, great food, lots of drinks, and I think it was about 10 degrees warmer than Chicago. I didn't wear shoes all weekend and my bathing suit was my main item of clothing. That's the life.

On Sat. we tried out the Miracle Berries that M & I brought along. Have you heard about these? You eat them, and then sour foods taste crazy sweet. I ordered the tablets because the berries are ridic expensive - it was really fun - you should try it. Our buffet included (l-r): Limes, radishes, grapefruit, onion, popcorn, diakon, carrot, pineapple, rhubarb and lemon. My faves were the lemon and the rhubarb - it was like a slice of pie. Oh, we also had apple cider vinegar, balsamic vinegar, Guinness and tabasco. It was awesome and hilarious! One caveat: fruit tastes good; beer tastes bad.
Otherwise we laid around on the dock, slipping into the water when we got too hot and lounging about on various screened-in porches, played a bunch of Rock Band, Celebrity, and mixed drinks.
Here's me and M enjoying a beautiful sunset.

2 comments:

dad said...

Glad you had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend, wasn't the weather just great!; (until monday!) The water must've been very nice! Great food, Great friends, Great weekend!

KHM said...

You and M are such a gorgeous couple...what lovely smiles; obviously happy together...