Thursday, December 01, 2005

high school music

Got this idea from Deevan to go to musicoutfitters.com and enter in the year of my high school graduation for the top 100 list of music that year. I'm 1992, a good year, I think - or at least I liked it. Here are the songs I really liked:
7. My Lovin' (You're Never Gonna Get It), En Vogue
13. I'm Too Sexy, Right Said Fred
39. Bohemian Rhapsody, Queen
44. Set Adrift On Memory Bliss, P.M. Dawn
57. Mysterious Ways, U2
60. One, U2
71. Friday I'm In Love, Cure
75. Rhythm Is A Dancer, Snap
100. I Can't Make You Love Me, Bonnie Raitt

Here's what I hated:
15. Achy Breaky Heart, Billy Ray Cyrus 16
16. I'll Be There, Mariah Carey
46. 2 Legit 2 Quit, Hammer
59. How Do You Talk To An Angel, Heights
91. That's What Love Is For, Amy Grant

Yelch, there was a lot of Amy Grant out that year. As you can see, I was a big U2 fan - still am. Hmm... now I just looked up the year I was born. Here are the songs I like:
12. Jungle Boogie, Kool and The Gang
18. Sunshine On My Shoulder, John Denver
20. Hooked On A Feeling, Blue Swede
39. Top Of The World, Carpenters
49. Waterloo, Abba
88. Don't You Worry 'Bout A Thing, Stevie Wonder
97. I Honestly Love You, Olivia Newton-John

Wow, I didn't know Olivia Newton-John was that old. I should download Hooked a Feeling, that's a REALLY good song. Top of the World makes me laugh. Probably my mom sang that to me, she loves The Carpenters. Now I just looked up the year I got married. Here's what I liked:
2. The Boy Is Mine, Brandy and Monica
10. I Don't Want To Wait, Paula Cole
28. Sex And Candy, Marcy Playground
35. Tubthumping, Chumbawamba
75. Ray Of Light, Madonna
79. Bitter Sweet Symphony, The Verve

Here's what I hate(d):
3. You're Still The One, Shania Twain
5. How Do I Live, LeAnn Rimes
13. My Heart Will Go On, Celine Dion

No comments: