Sunday, November 23, 2008

Quantum what?

This weekend we saw Quantum of Solace - it's a fun show, although it didn't make much sense. I won't even bother trying to summarize, because it was never quite clear to me exactly who he was chasing/fighting. It has some crazy good action sequences that are really exciting to watch. It's essentially one action sequence after another, really. The choreography is impressive, let me tell you. It's the kind of movie that's best to see in the theatre, preferably with a raucous audience. I like Daniel Craig as Bond, although there's not much (imho) that's Bond-like about these movies. This one, for example has absolutely zero gadgetry, and he only has sex with one woman.

Last night we got the old band together and rocked out Pretty. Hard. I bet if we had real instruments, we could like, seriously play them.

Just got back from seeing Happy Go Lucky - it's a little English indie flick about a woman who's eternally cheerful. I'm going to process it a little, but I really liked it.

I posted a Thanksgiving-themed Top Five - check it out!

4 comments:

KHM said...

Seriously: how many sex gadgets were there?

Special K said...

Seriously? Zero. But, that reminds me of a funny story. In Burn after Reading, George Clooney carries one of those sex triangle things into this woman's house that he's having an affair with? And, like, me and one other person in the theatre go "HA!". And then, after we laughed, M laughed at us because we totally gave ourselves away.

Special K said...

I mean, I just knew what it was because I saw one online. (:

KHM said...

;-). Your secret's safe with us...