Sunday, November 09, 2008

Role Models

Last night M and I saw Role Models - with Paul Rudd and Seann William Scott. It's about two guys that have to act as "Big Brothers" to a couple of difficult kids. It's pretty raunchy and dern funny. It kind of looks like your average take-it-in-the-nuts comedy, it actually is kind of smart, in a Wet, Hot American Summer kind of way (it was written by "those guys" as they say now). William Scott is really hilarious as the devil-may-care dude who teaches his young charge how to check out "boobies" inconspicuously, pointing out one girl's breast, and then another, standing beneath a ridge, and then says something like "and even the ridge itself, its two, soft, grass-covered mounds gracefully undulating..."

I do wish there had been less gay-jokes, which I think are (or should be) becoming non-grata these days. Wanda Sykes has a great video out recently about the subject:

Today I was mowing our grass, which I imagine looked similar to what Lewis and Clark saw as they crossed the great plains many years ago. It started snowing on me! Eek!

Right now we're watching The Good German with George Clooney and Cate Blanchett. It's ok, but I think Soderbergh is something of a hack. It's like he regretted not being born 80 years ago so he could've made The Third Man.

No comments: