Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Up and The Fall

Saw a couple of great movies lately! Caught UP in 3D - absolutely gorgeous film and I highly suggest it. It has an unlikely plot, particularly for an animated film ostensibly for kids: it's about an older gentleman who's recently widowed and about to lose his home. Aside from awesome visuals, it's got a tight little plot and is sweet and heartwarming. The oldster, as you know from the trailers, attaches a bunch of balloons to his house and flies off, along with the local neighbor kid, who becomes, I don't think I'm ruining this, something of a surrogate child for him.We were there with our local neighbor kid, something of a surrogate child, who seemed a tad freaked out by some of the scenes and a bit overwhelmed by the 3D (she's one of those newfangled kids that hardly watches any television). Afterward she claimed to have "loved it". Auntie K may be a bit shy of inviting youngsters to the movie in the future, though.

Husband rented The Fall on blu-ray - it's another gorgeous film featuring The Pie Maker, which was alright by me. Reminded me of Alfonso CuarĂ³n's A Little Princess, which you really must see. My affection for the Pie Maker grows ever stronger. Oh, hello. His next movie also has Colin Firth. Thump. Thump. Thump.

4 comments:

dad said...

Do you recommend this movie for your mother and me? With "FALL" being in the title, it doesn't have anything to do with motorcycles does it?

Carrie said...

OMG I just went to Netflix to add The Fall and A Single Man to my que. For A Single Man, there was no movie poster avaliable just a lovely picture of handsome Colin Firth. I'm in.

Anonymous said...

Up was the film that you called stupid:
http://kroark.blogspot.com/2009/04/gluton.html

Special K said...

So I did, mystery lurker. So I did.