Sunday, May 02, 2010

Kick Ass

After Kick Ass came out, I heard that it had really graphic violence along the lines of Kill Bill and decided I was out. Then I heard it had a young girl (age 11 or 12?) who swore alot, and in fact, I heard that the graphic violence was disturbing but the little girl swearing was even MORE disturbing, and then I was like, I'm in.

Any way, we just saw it, and I'll tell you that the violence was pretty graphic, but not much more than like, any other violent movie out there, and that the little girl swearing was not disturbing. She says the "c" word (which I do not like nor use myself) once, and she says some other stuff. Of course, I am not disturbed or intimidated or frightened by women or girls expressing themselves, as many people are, which is where I'm quite sure all this nonsense about ohmygodit'ssodisturbingI'mgoingtocallmylocalrepresentativeanddosomethingaboutthis is coming from.

Which is not to say that it's a kids' movie or that even 10% of my vast reading audience would enjoy it.

I mostly thought it was merely representative of The Professional although not nearly as good. Because the movie is clearly about the actress (who's pretty cool - check out this NYT profile on her) and when it comes down to it, the character is really one dimensional (fault of script, not actress.)

Her IMDB is hilarious - it's like:
Tigger & Pooh and a Musical Too
My Friends Tigger & Pooh's Friendly Tail
Pooh's Super Sleuth Christmas Movie
Jack and the Beanstalk
Kick Ass


Next she's in an American remake of Let the Right One In. Ah, kids. They grow up so fast, don't they?

No comments: