Monday, November 14, 2005

schadenfreude

Today I have an opportunity to use one of my favorite words, schadenfreude, because I see that Bush's approval ratings are at an All Time Low. This is apparently even lower than the previous All Time Low his ratings were at. According to CNN.com, his ratings for "trustworthiness" are also at an All Time Low. I aim my schadenfreude at both Bush and people who voted for Bush, so... take that. Generally I do not enjoy watching others fail, but in this situation, I do. The only downside is that he drags the whole country down the toilet with him. Anyway, another of my favorite words is "tony" which was used in a review of my brother-in-law's show in the New Yorker, in reference to the venue, not the performance. I managed to slip "tony" into my thesis - I hope my advisor doesn't ask me to cut it. We have slightly different ideas about writing, I think it's going to come to a head over the use of exclamation marks. I would like to use one.

In case you're wondering, I absolutely hate the word "intimate". It makes me want to throw up. Also I hate "anthropomorphic." Anne Rice totally ruined that one for me, but everybody has to use "intimate", don't they? Ugh.

No comments: