Monday, July 02, 2007

Design on a Dime

Put the finishing touches on the downstairs bath today. I love the color in there. It had this really awful stencil along the top of the wall, and appeared to be painted "primer white".


My mom taught me that if you nail a hole into the paint can, like so, the paint will drain back into the can instead of clogging up the rim. Good tip!

Ick.

So, I sanded down the stencil, taped off the trim, and painted on my "mint tint". Now, instead of thinking, Why would anyone DO THAT?!?!, I think Ahhhh, spa-like.


Pretty, isn't it? Isn't it amazing what one can of paint can do? I love it!

3 comments:

KHM said...

Ah, it does indeed look lovely! Nicely done! When you're finished, I have a couple of rooms that could use a facelift; come on over!

Carrie said...

Beautiful! I loved the slow reveal on the post... very dramatic- just like on the shows. Did you user Mike in with a blindfold on his face? Mom never told me the nail tip- what else has she held out on me?

Jennifer said...

Looks great, Kelly. Can you tell me the steps involved in painting a bathroom cabinet; that is my next home project.