Friday, July 20, 2007

My Amazon.co.uk order is being prepared for dispatch!

You know what that means! At the R_ house, we're full of speculation re: the final HP book, M. and I furiously re-reading and nagging each other when we don't read fast enough. M. suggests re-reading the first chapter of Harry 1 for more insight if it's been awhile. Constant debate re: whether or not Harry's scar is a horcrux and what is a horcrux anyway? And so on.

Have been very pleased by the discussion around the Princess Issue from my previous post. Thanks, everyone, for contributing and sharing your (often hilarious) comments!

Been really bummed out because some personal strife has put a real kink in my Birthday-Week celebrations (and life in general), which were planned to be a slightly ramped up version of the Birthday-Month Celebrations. Until I remembered that my birthday is actually Sunday and I can celebrate my Birthday-Week NEXT week. Whew.

Check it out: I got my hair cut!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the haircut, it's ever so cute. It looks like a whole new you. Well, in fact you look just like a princess. Try being Princess Kelly your birthday week and see if you have a bunch of fun using your imagination. Maybe you could turn M into a frog, give him a bunch of kisses, he turns into a prince but doesn't want you because you have warts on your lips. So you go back to being Kelly and birthday week is over for another year. Have a good one.

Donna

Special K said...

Oh, Donna - you're hilarious! You know, it just so happens that I have a little princess crown that I pull out when I'm feeling "delicate" with strict instructions to a certain husband to tread lightly. I wonder where I put it...

kbmulder said...

Beautiful hair cut on a beautiful woman! Hope you have a spectacular birthday! Enjoy your HP book, I saw that all the bookstores are having dress up parties and such. Sounds like a good time.

clterry said...

Great Haircut! It looks very nice on you. You haven't had short hair like that for a long time, since childhood, maybe, that I can remember. Have a wonderful B-day! love- Connie

KHM said...

Kelly---WOW! Your hair looks AMAZING. Quite sexy, I think. Sophisticated.

I also have a tiara. It does indeed come in handy for exactly those situations.

Props to Donna for the Princess remark; good one!

kbmulder said...

Oh, so you ordered the British version of HP? I've heard they differ somewhat. What are the highlights?

KHM said...

My friend's husband texted her this message today:

I have HP 7; read the last chapter. Voldemort outs himself and Harry converts to Islam.

Carrie said...

You look beautiful! Great idea to go short again.

I look forward to doing a comparison of our HP books. In the "American" Scholastic book I bought this morning at 8:30 am, it's not too American; the car trunk is a boot.

Special K said...

thanks for the compliments, everyone! I'm actually not sure if there continue to be differences between the american version and the british version, but I'll try to do some research and address it later. It's sort of a matter of honor for us at this point. (: Happy reading! Don't tell me anything, I haven't gotten mine yet!

Caitlin said...

Just finished! Freaking out a little! YOWZA!

Anonymous said...

Finished last night.
Yikes!

*excitedly bouncing up and down*