Thursday, March 29, 2012

Golden Age of Comedy

I hate to say I've been watching TV even more recently, ever since my right pin's out of service.  Luckily, we appear to be in a golden age of comedy.  How. Funny. Is. New. Girl? I ask you.  It's like my favorite show of all time.  It's Schmidt, really, who makes the show.  Except, did you hear that line where whatshisname is talking about college kids and he says, "Look at them!  They don't know what Saved by the Bell is and they've never felt pain."  That is solid gold, my friend. Solid. Gold.


I'm also like totally kvelling over Happy Endings?  Although, I truly think that to make that show, someone reads through my blog, and takes out all the cool parts of my personality, and then makes a, you know, totally hip, hilarious show out of it.  Here are merely some of the things they have clearly stolen from This Very Blog.

  1. The characters make t-shirts for special occasions. Just like me.
  2. They did a whole episode about how Chicagoans are like hibernating bears in the winter. (I said that back on 4/6/2008)
  3. Penny is heavy into abbrevs. (I think they modelled P after moi.)
  4. They love food trucks and like making fun of hipsters.  But, to be fair, that's everyone.  
Modern Family continues to kill, week after week.  Did you see the bit with the clown funeral?  And after it was over all the clowns piled into a tiny car?  Too funny.

Tonight's Community was wicked hilarious as well, but I'm trying not to get too attached to that show because it seems like it's going off the air soon.  Probably because they base entire episodes around the plot of 1984, but I'm enjoying it while it lasts.  Now, excuse me while I go make a blanket fort.

3 comments:

Lyman said...

Do you watch Parks and Rec? Its my favorite sitcom right now but I don't know anybody who is in to it.

Special K said...

Oh yes. That show has been so funny recently - the supporting cast is just ridic - Tom, April, Ron, Andy, Donna... crazy. Treat yo'self!

Special K said...

Oh, I forgot to mention, on Happy Endings, one of the couples wants to buy a lake house? *I* want to buy a lake house!