Monday, March 10, 2008

And then I got pooped on

It took a little time for a certain nephew to warm up to me (and, just possibly, vice-versa). I have a dry wit that not all tiny people appreciate. Only mommy's hug, it seemed, was one that would cease, say, a peeling screech that melted the brain. Finally, this weekend, Auntie K was trusted enough by the youngster to be held not just when he was half asleep. Lo, did I find myself holding the baby for about an hour at 5AM so my poor sister could get a little sleep. It was both incredibly sweet and mildly disgusting to feel his little mittens touching my arm as he deposited a puddle of drool down my cleavage.

Speaking of disgusting, yesterday we were sitting together - he was wearing a diaper and a "one-sie" - and when I picked him up, he'd pooped on my pant-leg.

4 comments:

KHM said...

Indoctrination by fire. Everything seems right on schedule. Soon you won't even flinch.

Anonymous said...

Poop and drool, does it get any better than that? You are the BESTEST Aunt, hope you are enjoying your visit, no doubt you are! Give that little feller a kiss and a hug for me, Love to all, Dad xoxoxoxoxoxo

Lyman said...

I can't even tell you how much I miss getting pooped on.

A. Stageman said...

Haha, I love your blog. Great stuff.