Monday, March 31, 2008

Winter Luau

Even as snow still lay on the ground we had our Winter Luau. I thought it went off marvelously, despite the fact that M had a little cold and that we incurred the wrath of karma by jacking up the heat to 83 degrees during Earth Hour. (I felt really bad about that.) Ironically, our coat rack fell right out of the wall due to the weight of everyone's winter coats. Isn't that funny? We served Mai Tais and Miehanas and went crazy decorating with paper umbrellas and garnishes.We dragged the patio umbrella into the dining room to create a make-shift lanai.
Me and my galfriends in our finest faux-flowers...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Technically, the party started after Earth Hour (8-9pm) as everyone was fashionably late. And we probably saved electricity and heat costs by having everyone in one house.

It was awesome, the night flew by, I got the best Drunk Fu on that I've had in like, a year. And Greta's treats were awesome as usual too. But, I gotta say, no more lactating pirates ever again, please.
Thanks for throwing the luau!

KHM said...

lactating pirates?

Special K said...

Oh, my friend brought this special Hawaiian dessert that was kind of like coconut jello, and we thought it would taste great with rum, so the next thing you know we had shot glasses full of this stuff and some good rum... and... Down the hatch! (Or rather, Walk the plank! Ye wee shivering something or other!)

Carrie said...

What fun! I wish I was there! Is the umbrella still in the dining room?

Anonymous said...

WOW....What a party! Grandma Jean would have enjoyed that one...That Kelly can sure throw a party!!!!!

clterry said...

I love the umbrella in the dining room. That had to make you feel like you were somewhat outside in Hawaii drinking your coconut jello.

Hope M is feeling better.